[ExI] Guns caused UK Industrial Revolution

Henrique Moraes Mechado (CI) cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:25:11 UTC 2018

On 05/07/2018 01:29 PM, John Clark wrote:

>     ​> ​
>     "/We need to stop thinking that Britain invented industrialism because
>     //it had an especially laissez-faire government or because it had a
>     unique entrepreneurial genius or culture,” Satia says.
>     “Let’s acknowledge the fact that Britain was involved in a lot of
>     //wars, and in order to pursue those wars the government needed arms/.
>

>> The Roman Empire was involved in even more wars than the British were,
> so why didn't the industrial revolution happen then?
>
> ​ ​
> John K Clark

Science and technology usually develop together. While the romans were
amazing at architecture, they weren't much on anything else. And they
also had slaves.

And England also had the religious dissenters who had a pivotal role on
the industrial revolution, mostly because they weren't permitted to do
much else.

And coal. Never forget coal