[ExI] boston marathon

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 19:37:49 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 1:10 PM, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> Oh this is so cool.
>

> https://www.theguardian.com/technology/video/2018/may/11/
> robot-built-boston-dynamics-can-run-jump-video
>

> Remember where they were just a couple yrs ago at the robolympics?  This
> is going so fast, it makes one want to get out there and race them.  You
> know how this will go: they will hit the market, guys will modify them and
> hop em up, try to get even a slight edge at the track.  It will be the
> 1950s all over again, only more fun this time, and safer.
>

> spike

​Yeah, safer at the olympics, but how about on crowded streets, where they
will eventually be, I predict?  Will the future include robo guide robots
(i.e. not necessarily in the shape of dogs)?  I think that has to occur -
the robots will be so much smarter, carry the person's info, street maps,
etc.  In an accident the robot calls the police, 911, carries the person
out of danger - thousands of uses, eh?

bill w​