[ExI] Interesting statistic

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Nov 9 22:04:20 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

Subject: Re: [ExI] Interesting statistic

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:24 AM John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com <mailto:johnkclark at gmail.com> > wrote:

In the senatorial election democrats got 11.8 million more votes than the republicans but the democrats lost at least 2 seats to the republicans and probably 3 or 4.

John K Clark

>…What is frustrating to me is that polls show that people are more likely to favor the Democrat's ideas, but vote Republican.  Given the brains and knowledge of the average voter, this is not surprising, but it is frustrating.

>…bill w

BillW, one can like the ideas but simultaneously recognize that the Federal government isn’t paying for all the ideas it has already had.  It is borrowing money to carry out its current ideas.  New ideas are of little value unless they are ideas about how to balance the budget.  The ideas I have heard from both mainstream parties have nothing to do with balancing the budget.

Have you any ideas on balancing the budget?  Do share please.