[ExI] Science or Scientism?

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat Nov 10 22:40:59 UTC 2018

John Clark wrote:

> I have no idea if that's true or not because I still have my Broca's
> area. Maybe I wouldn't be conscious if I didn't have a left big toe, but
> unless I cut off my toe I'll never know.

Actually this experiment has already been done, and interestingly enough,
not only would you be conscious, you would be conscious of your missing
toe. Its called phantom limb syndrome. Google the work of V.S.
Ramachandran for details. This indicates that your brain keeps simulating
your toe even after its gone.

Stuart LaForge