[ExI] hoverbikes

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Nov 13 16:54:51 UTC 2018

Subject: [ExI] hoverbikes

Dubai is going to put these vehicles on the streets for police to use.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/11/12/hoverbikes-tested-dubai-police-deployment/1974826002/

bill

Bill there are some things the article fails to mention but are important.

With these hoverbikes, their service ceiling is about 3 to 5 meters above the ground usually and can only hold and altitude above about a meter for a minute or two.  This might be enough for the constables to use for some purposes, but unfortunately we still can’t carry enough power to fly with them, even assuming we work out the control problems.  Control gets waaaay harder to do once you get higher than a coupla meters off the ground.