[ExI] Interesting book

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 18 15:14:39 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 6:40 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Interesting book

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com <mailto:sen.otaku at gmail.com>  Wrote:

> In his spare time, a lay person researches the most accurate publically-available book on the bombs dropped on Japan.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2008/12/15/atomic-john

The book’s simply called “Atomic Bombs”.

That really does look like an interesting book, I just ordered it from Amazon. Thanks for the tip, I'd never heard of it before.

John K Clark

#Me Too!

Thanks SR!  I hadn’t heard of this book, but I am a physics junky from way back and like to know stuff.  I like any field of science where a question is asked and there is exactly one right answer, expressed as a number.  Those fields of science feel so fair and equal to me, the only places in our creaky old species where equality and justice always prevail, where everyone has a perfectly equal shot at getting the right answer.