[ExI] young people having less sex

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 18 17:30:07 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

Subject: Re: [ExI] young people having less sex

How will that count?  My intuition tells me it wouldn't or shouldn't count
as sex at all.  But it would drain the drive, would it not?

spike

I know that you are just using a metaphor, but let me lay (sorry) to rest a misconception (sorry):

Sex is not a drive that builds with time and then is satisfied and drops down only to rise again (sorry).  Humans can go weeks, months, years, without any sort of sex and nothing comes (sorry) of it.  Remember those islanders who have sex ten times a day.

bill w

Hi BillW,

About those islanders: I can imagine them doing that only if they are within a coupla years of age 17.  Second: for that to take place there would need to be absolutely noooooothing else to do.  The whole exercise would soon be pointless methinks, and certainly exhausting.

Good data might be available from the porno industry.  They aughta know, ja?

Regarding shutting off the whole reproductive business for months and years, do let me assure everyone that is plausible, even at age 17 plus and minus two, the peak hormone years for men.  If pressing duty calls constantly in those years, the whole system can be shut off, anticipating better days to come (heh.)

Better days to come came.  But it was later, after the biggest challenges of college days were in the mirror.

All that tragically wasted time spent studying, oy vey, tragic waste.