[ExI] creepy, was: RE: child marriage, usa

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Nov 20 05:17:16 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan

>…girls being married off to creepy old men…

Dan

Those words seem to go together, but it concerns me because it implicates normal old men.

Think of it this way.  What if… one starts out as a creepy young man, then realizes he is creepy.  Perhaps he comes to know all the different flavors of pepper spray for instance.  On a first date he suggests she just spray him before they leave, so it will save time and money, that sort of thing.  But this creepy young man decides he can change, studies human behavior patterns, checks out books at the library such as “How To Not Be Creepy” and really works at it.  Over the years he becomes steadily less creepy.

Do we then even have a good name for such men?

And what if… a woman gets tired of being non-creepy and gives it up?  Why don’t we have words that sound like they go together: creepy old woman?

It doesn’t seem right to me.

And what is it with people going?  It seems we don’t say.  I recall at one time hearing young people relate a discussion thus:  He said {such and such} then she said {so and so.}  But now it’s: He goes {yakkity yak} then she goes {bla bla}.

This causes problems when we are trying to determine the truthfulness of an indeterminant court case where evidence is scant, which now must be called a case of he-goes-she-goes.

I was stuffing Christmas envelopes and suddenly remembered I need to attend a meeting.  I ejaculated the comment OH!  My son queried “Why do you go OH?”  I replied that I am just a mean old OH goer.

I am working to become a nice old OH goer.