[ExI] Army might have found its new rifle in Colorado Springs garage

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:29:49 UTC 2018

For me one of the most interesting things about Grier’s gun is that it has
a muzzle velocity of 3,600 feet per second, that's about 1,000 feet per
second faster than a AK47. Despite the changes in other areas the muzzle
velocity of modern military rifles isn't much different from what they were
before the first world war. If Grier's gun goes into production it would be
the first jump in muzzle velocity in more than a century. Muzzle wear has
always been the problem but I guess with 4 barrels that problem would only
be 1/4 as bad.

 John K Clark