[ExI] From Arms Race to Joint Venture

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Oct 17 01:20:28 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:57 AM
To: Extropy Chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] From Arms Race to Joint Venture

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 17:09, spike wrote:
>>... So he went up to them with his new word and said “Hey you collection
> of [worthless bastards] what is the word for peace and love?  They
> replied in unison Kumbaya, which means [go fuck yourself asshole.]
>

>...Don't forget the Kumbaya Law!  :)

Quote:
>...The Kumbaya Law: In any conversation where some of the participants hold an opinion to the left of other participants, someone with the more conservative position will compare said person's opinion to the naivete of "singing around a campfire singing Kumbaya"

>...BillK

Well there is that.  But of course, a bit of ancient history might clear things up a bit.

In the year -4004, Eve appeared, and the first thing that Adam said was: Pardon me, miss, you perhaps should stand back.  I don't know how big this thing is going to get.

That's how it started.  You know the old old pattern: he chases her until she catches him.  It has always been that way.

So... they are standing around, wondering what to do next, the usual awkwardness, only worse because clothing hadn't been invented yet so it wasn't a bit difficult to see what Adam had in mind, so finally he just says: Will you hallelujah?

Of course she has to at least appear to make the chase a bit of a challenge:  Heh!  With that?  Kumbaya!

He persists, since she is the only actual human available.  So he uses the old word for pleeeeease: Aw, common, hallelujah aaameennnn?

She: You don't even have a navel!

He:  Oh my god!  You're right.  Well, do you?

She:  Hmmmm, can't really say.  I'm not sure where it would go if I had one.

He:  There you go, we have that in common.

She:  So we do.  Well then, I suppose I will haljahlule.

Then they went right to it, and that place is considered the first college.  So you see, things haven't changed all that much.