[ExI] books

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 21:20:34 UTC 2018

Not much about the fish itself, but the discovery of the trillions of cod
in a place nobody knew about had world-wide reverberations.  The book about
salt was by the same guy - really good writer.  I hated history - never
made above a C in it at any level.  Kings and wars and such were and are a
big turnoff to me.  It turns out that I love history if it is really
written well and not about the above.  It is just amazing the trade that
went on in the distant past, the opening up of China and Japan and the wars
it took to do that (OK, some wars are suitable), the technology that was
known so long ago  Really eye-opening.  The book about water was just
fascinating.  Water is very aggressive. Best solvent known, at least at the
time I read the book.

So if you are leery about cod or water books, give them a few pages next
time you are in a library and see what you think.  (The water book was part
of a Time Life series and is way old - circa 1970s)

I don't read dull stuff.  That's why I stay away from economics and
finance.  Soporific.

bill w