[ExI] another one of my questionable ideas

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Oct 21 21:01:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:19 AM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> People, well a lot of people, are pretty dumb, and give money to Nigerian
princes etc.  ...

If I had waaaay too much money, a gag I would love to pull off is to get a
jillion dollars, hire and actual literal Nigerian prince, set up one of
those scams that only the dumbest sucker on the planet would fall for, then
when you find that guy, do everything your absurd spam message said you
would do and give him a ton of money.

While it could provide some expensive entertainment, a kind of reality show
type of fun, I can see some negative consequences.  You reward the biggest
dumbass in history, it would encourage teeming hordes of lesser dumbasses to
believe the other Nigerian princes might possibly be the real deal.  The
long term result could be more money is stolen by the usual army of fake
Nigerian princes than you gave away to start with.

OK scratch that idea, even if I do win the lottery.