[ExI] Maximum Jailbreak, and the legacy of Stephen Hawking Message-ID:

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Oct 23 14:38:52 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of SR
Ballard
Subject: Re: [ExI] Maximum Jailbreak, and the legacy of Stephen Hawking

>...Yes, I think if we go to space sooner, it will become more of a physical
impetus to create post-human forms, because it will be so obvious we need
them.

>...SR Ballard

Ja.  If we get sufficiently advanced in genetics, we could do selective
breeding of humans, only with a cool twist.  Perhaps we could selectively
breed humans with minds like the genetic parents but with small spindly
bodies more suited to reduced gravity and limited resources of an L5
station.