[ExI] What would you do if you won the billion dollar plus MegaMillions Lottery, and are lotteries a bad thing?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 15:48:08 UTC 2018

BillW talks about giving it away, which is aimed at self-actualization,
which tells me he is already good in the comfort and safety part of the
ladder.

spike

Right - a few years ago when I was single I bought all the stuff I ever
wanted - camera, stereo, PC, cooking gear, yard machines, plasma TV, and of
course it was good that I never wanted a mansion, a yacht, etc. Now my main
wants are books and I have enough money for those.

Maybe there are those who are stuff-crazy and never get enough and are
competing with friends ('the guy with the most stuff when he dies, wins'),
but I think with age comes the realization that what is lacking is not more
stuff but more and different experiences, which is not good for me because
I can't travel (back, wife partially disabled).  Thanks to the web I can go
places I can't visit, and when virtual reality gear comes of age I hope
that I will be here to enjoy it.  Thanks to the web I can 'talk' to people
all over the world.  I had an aunt who would love email.  You could not
talk to her on the phone for long because she was deathly afraid of the
telephone bill, even if I was paying.

bill w