[ExI] Maximum Jailbreak, and the legacy of Stephen

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:52:55 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 11:07 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> Sure.  But of course in a space station, there is no up to break to.

Yes there is, and it is ironically down: back to Earth.

> There
> they stay, together they remain, regardless of desire to break up.

Nope.  They wander back to where they came from - Earth - if it's
possible to do so and there's nothing holding them there.

If it's not possible to do so, they make a way.  Controlled reentry of
the whole space station, perhaps.  (You didn't make it to do that?
Well, they're there and you aren't.  Or you are, but you're outvoted
30:2, with the remainder going with the majority of those who care.)

The only way to hold them there is to build an effective social unit.
That requires a lot more than 70 people.  Personally, I'd say don't
try it with less than 10,000, preferably at least 100,000.

It's the exact same problem the seasteaders ran into hard - and why
the seasteaders aren't still there now, a mere several years after
they began.