[ExI] opinion

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:03:03 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 5:49 PM William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the ultimate irony here that many men would love to have attractive women approach them and do and say the things that are called sexual harassment when men do them to women?

Not sure if it's "ultimate", but it is irony.

I've stated in public that I am among the percentage of men who have
been sexually harassed.  Back in high school, specifically PE class
(so I was wearing shorts as part of the school's PE uniform), while I
was sitting alone in the bleachers thinking about something, four
girls mobbed me and felt up my legs, with comments that...let's just
say, their tone of voice made clear their impure thoughts.  I was
surprised: this had never happened to me before.  They ran and
scattered before I could gather my wits.

It was unquestionably sexual harassment.  Those who want to empathize
with victims don't ask any further and make a bunch of assumptions,
such as how I felt about it.  When dealing with those who will only
treat "victims" with any credibility, that story - 100% true (if
incomplete when I end it there) - has sometimes been a useful ticket
out of the "problem" of being a non-poor first world straight while
male.

In truth, as regards to that instance I was a typical teenage boy.  I
took it as a compliment, and would not have objected had any of them
wished to continue.  But those who prefer to see victims won't see
that unless I tell them (and possibly even then).  Reality filters are
a thing.