[ExI] opinion

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:56:08 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 10:31 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> We really have a hard time denying men and women are different emotionally.
> I know, politically incorrect, but I am old, so I get a license to some
> extent.

Eh...a lot of that, though, is that they are often raised differently.
And perhaps they shouldn't be.

That's not 100% of the difference, but the overlap between biological
capability is such that the social influences seem to account for a
majority of the difference seen in practice.

> Adrian, in the scenario you described, I woulda likely reacted pretty
> similarly.  OK now, how does it change had those four girls been four gay
> men?  You (and I) would really be extremely annoyed.

Annoyed, yes.  Traumatized for life, no.  Encouraged to take it as
being violated, no.  See examples suggesting we should make a big
dramatic thing of it, no.  Led to believe that someone else needs to
handle it and we can't (only to see them unable to do so because
there's not really a thing to handle), no.