[ExI] Weighing the Soul

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 16:12:21 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:09 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> *C'mon - it is scientifically impossible to measure anything nonphysical,
> right?  So if you can't study it, it ain't science! *

Your right of course, but (and I've said all this before)
I think
information is as close as you can get to the traditional concept of the
soul and still remain within the scientific method. Consider the
similarities:
The soul is non material and so is
information. It's difficult to pin down a unique physical location for the
soul, and the same is true for information. The soul is the essential, must
have, part of consciousness, exactly the same situation is true for
information. The soul is immortal and potentially so is information.

But there are important differences too. A soul is unique but information
can be duplicated. The soul is and will always remain unfathomable, but
information is understandable, in fact information is the ONLY thing that
is understandable. Information unambiguously exists, I don't think anyone
would deny that, but even if the soul exists it will never be proven
scientifically.

 John K Clark