[ExI] ancient demon

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 16:35:23 UTC 2018

In many places in the world for a very long time, people thought that
demons invading the body were responsible for a variety of ills.  The
'therapy' was to cause the person so much pain that the demon would go and
find a better place to live.  Hence the terms 'beat the hell out of', or
'beat the devil out of'.

After nearly 40 years of backaches, I am pain free, or nearly so.

Physical therapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, orthopedic surgeons
(one surgery) - all have had their chances at my back and failed, except
that last physical therapist.

What  he did was to make me want to kill him painfully.  He worked at the
knots in my back until I literally screamed (maybe that was the demon
giving up and leaving), then told me to buy a baseball and sit or lie on it
when I had a sore spot on my rear end. "No pain no gain" he said.  (A
tennis ball, suggested by many, is far too soft.)  And it is a lot of pain
to lie on that thing for 10 minutes.

So I did, and greatly extended the time spent doing stretches.  I have not
had any serious pain since then, nearly two months.  I use the TENS unit a
bit in the evenings.  Most of the time I feel no pain at all.

I should be crying with joy.  All this time and money and effort and the
solution was simple to start with (though I still have to go to the
chiropractor to straighten out my hips, which get rotated because of the
scoliosis, and cause the knots in the first place).

For all those years mainly I have wanted to just sit in my chair with ice
and maybe the TENS unit and read.  Now I am free to do things and hardly
know what to do with myself.

bill w