[ExI] dna

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Apr 5 02:15:19 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan
Subject: Re: [ExI] dna

Kidding aside, won’t that give you only fragments with a bit of randomness thrown in?

Regards,

Dan

No, you can get the whole DNA sequence end to end with just that.

I might be misunderstanding your question.

Further thought: if stored that way, one could theoretically sire offspring hundreds of years into the future.  Why anyone would want to is beyond me, but hey, we see how social mores and values drift.  Right now our society seems to be losing our collective sense of humor, but that might turn around.  In the future they might decide to breed for whatever it is I have a lot of, which could be determined by combing thru the archives.