[ExI] antiscience from both sides

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 01:27:45 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:10 PM Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
wrote:

>### I am not attacking anybody, just observing that the listicle was
> written by a leftist

In politics do the terms "left"and "right" still mean anything?. At one
time the right stood for people who thought the budget deficit was super
important but now they think it is of no importance whatsoever.  And the
left said you could put any drug you want into your body, but no longer.
The right once though government had no right to pass laws preventing free
trade, but now the right is full of self described "tariff men". The left
says there is no greater problem than global warming but despite nuclear
power's excellent safety record and its zero emission of greenhouse gasses
will shout down anyone who even tries to consider it. In the past the left
was as absolute in its support of the first amendment as the right is of
the second, but that is no longer true. And the left, for some bizarre
reason I don't pretend to understand now opposes vaccines, an invention
that has saved more lives than any other.  About the only thing that hasn't
changes is the right still opposes Evolution, they still hear a invisible
man is the sky telling then what to do, and they still believe that life
begins at erection.

So I don't know if I'm a leftist or a rightest, but I do know I'm not a
moderate.

John K Clark

.