[ExI] Opinions on Tesla Model 3?

Spike Jones spike at rainier66.com
Sat Apr 20 14:01:36 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 4:45 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Opinions on Tesla Model 3?

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019, 10:51 PM Spike Jones <spike at rainier66.com <mailto:spike at rainier66.com> > wrote:

Bill look around at the local used market, the 2 yr olds before you decide
to buy.

2 yr olds can't afford cars

Oh wait, you are suggesting instead if a Tesla that Bill buy an Oldsmobile? He won't find one from 2 years ago,  that company went defunct in 2004.

…harrrrrarrarararararaararrrrr…

There is a local consignment lot with several Teslas on it.  I was surprised at how low the resale value was.  But now maybe they have the early bugs worked out.  I was considering a young low-mileage Tesla but haven’t bought one yet.  An all-electric is ideal for one who already has a dino-fuel rig for pulling a trailer (I do) and lives in a big suburb (I do.)  One’s trips don’t need to be long.  A 200 km range is plenty for what I need.  Then if I want to go cross country I take the truck.