[ExI] laugh of the day

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 15:35:30 UTC 2019

On Apr 20, 2019, at 8:17 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I answer a lot of questions on Quora.  Many of them are really dumb, but this one is laugh out loud funny.
>
> "How is society demonstrably better off for being technological?"
>
> Should I say that making a better stone axe is technology in action?

The ordinal question though isn’t about making a better one... I mean a stone axe is technology even if it’s never improved, no? It seems to me that technology preceded humans (depending on where one draws the line; were H. erectus humans?) anyhow, so there never were human societies without some technology.

But maybe the questioner meant something like technology more advanced than, say, the Paleolithic toolkit. Anyhow, the answer seems obvious.

I wonder if many questions asked on Quora aren’t simply some lackadaisical student trying to write a high school essay and figuring that Quora might be a way to get someone else to do it for them.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst