[ExI] philosophy poll

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 21 17:48:43 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf
Subject: [ExI] philosophy poll

Who is your favorite modern or older philosopher?

(Just looking for something to read)

bill w

The only ones I can claim in that department are Kurt Godel and my own fifth cousin John Forbes Nash.  It is unclear whether the crowning achievements of either of these could be considered philosophy, or more properly mathematics, but those two are my choice.

As far as I know, neither wrote a book.  But the Incompleteness Theorem and the notion of the Nash Equilibrium are two concepts which blew my mind such that they changed my life.

Our own Max More is a philosopher.  Do read his works which kicked off the Extropy Institute.  That material prevented me from devolving into an amoeba.