[ExI] How Corporate Media distorts Hawaiian Protests

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 00:13:31 UTC 2019

The reason, John, that some people are responding poorly to your righteous
anger is that, by expressing it in those terms, you demonstrate, with utter
clarity, that you have been /thoroughly/ infected with one of the most
cancerous memes in the history of humanity: that the possession of a
virtue, is this case "reason", justifies the acquisition, continued
possession, and exercise of power over those that lack it.

You are somewhat unusual, in this day and age, in defining reason as a
virtue, but that doesn't matter. It's the general template of regarding a
virtue, /any/ virtue, as a justification for power, that kills entire
societies. From this innocuous-looking hellmouth has sprung every atrocity
in Western Civilization since the fall of the Roman Empire, from the
Crusades, through the Reformation, the Shoah, the Antifa riots, and most
mass shootings in America today. It is a mental illness so universal and
pervasive that, like water to fishes, it is almost completely invisible
until it is pointed out.

You may take solace in the fact that you are not alone in this condition.
Nearly every politically conscious adult in Western Civilization is
infected. Every political party on the entire spectrum strongly encourages
it, and every media channel is a carrier.

When one's political opponents are seen, by literally everyone in every
faction, not merely as mistaken but as literally evil, civil war, or the
brutal authoritarianism necessary to temporarily suppress it, is very close
behind.