[ExI] The president's letter

Bill Hibbard hibbard at wisc.edu
Wed Dec 18 16:21:28 UTC 2019

Merry Christmas Spike! And a happy, healthy 2020!

Perhaps you are old enough that hearing Christmas music
this time of year gives you a warm feeling? It does for me.

I also get a warm feeling from the hefty checks I send to
my nieces and nephew, although none of them has a son named
Tiny Tim.

> The mind boggles.

Exactly. Technological change is disrupting society and
making the whole world crazy. Where politics are relatively
free both the left and the right are increasingly nuts. In
China, and other places, they are trying to avoid craziness
by locking their societies down tight. We may follow China
down that path.

Meanwhile, do what you can and Merry Christmas!