[ExI] utah: RE: Frank Jackson's brilliant color scientist Mary

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 19:24:36 UTC 2019

>  spike says:
>

>  All I have are the two hemispheres.  One is filled with poetry, the
> other, equations.  It’s all I have.  I love my bride with equations and
> poetry.  All my heart does is beat.
>
> Au contraire - you have a limbic system.  Don't you math guys love
> equations?  Limbic system.  Aren't some equations more elegant than
> others?  Limbic system.  How about sex (not gender). Limbic system. Great
> food.  LImbic system and so on.

Pascal commented the heart knows reasons that reason knows not.   Limbic
system.  KNown to Hume - far ahead of his time.  Emotion more important
then reason.  Proved just recently in cortex studies.

> As soon as I hear anyone argue that anything used to be better (with the
> possible exception of popular music) I already know that person is beyond
> reason.  In the olden days everything sucked compared to now (temporarily
> ignoring that awful hip-hop rap business, oy vey who the hell ordered that?)

Fact - our musical tastes tend to gel around the age of 35.

> >…  (LOL, they were saying all this fear mongering about china, while at
> the same time talking about how we can’t even force puny Afghanistan to
> adopt our form of government.)…

Those people are about as far away from being ready for democracy as they
can get.  Tribalism is what they know.

>  you must replace every single pronoun with he, she or it and his, her or
> its.  Oh that makes speech clumsy.  Then if you have a special peeve about
> people using “they” and “their” for the genderless singular, oh the
> suffering is intense.  What’s a poor grammar gestapo to do?  Shriek in
> pain?  Tried that, they won’t stop.  Cruel they are, callous, just
> relentlessly wicked, merciless.
>
>  Using they etc. for the singular is as old as Shakespeare, who did it
> first.

bill w