[ExI] Tim May and DNA

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Feb 10 16:08:28 UTC 2019

>…to Quetzalcoatlus, a flying creature with a 35 foot wingspread that existed 66 million years ago… John Clark

This one blows my mind.  Flight has so many square/cube law relationships, I have never been able to get my head around the idea that anything with triple the wingspan of our modern birds could ever fly, or even glide.

If you look at the sketches of Quetzacoatlus, one can easily tell they were drawn by dinosaur people rather than flight people.  I don’t see that we have even started to work out the details on how such a beast could safely land, never mind take off.