[ExI] Surveillance

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:29:11 UTC 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 18:31, spike wrote:

> We could figure out the identity of a bad guy from her smell,
> from her gait, her dimensions, her voice, all in combination.
> Bad guy pulls off a crime, we already know who it is before
> she even gets in her car to flee, where she lives, everything,
> constables waiting when she gets home.

Hmmmn. Sounds like you don't appreciate just how much of this
tyrannical surveillance is already in place. Everything we do
electronically is already recorded and analysed. Initially mostly for
advertising and social manipulation purposes. Surely you don't think
these crazy hate spasms about social media, politicians, celebs
etc. happen just by accident?
These records are permanently stored. If anyone comes to the attention
of Big Brother then the records are searched to highlight their
contacts, where they went, what they bought, content of phone calls,
emails, posts, messages etc. There are plenty of laws that can be used
to make anyone into a target of law enforcement. Even if none of the
charges stick your life will be ruined while investigations continue.
Dystopia rapidly approaches.

BillK