[ExI] Michael Cohen​

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 02:38:02 UTC 2019

On Feb 27, 2019, at 6:02 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> spike wrote
>
>  We have seen great progress in weakening the office that desperately needed weakening, in such a way that the previous level of power will take a long time (if ever) to return to that office.

Spike: Have you seen any substantial weakening of the presidency? I haven’t. True, Trump now has to face a House that’s controlled by the opposing party, but other than that I haven’t seen a diminution in presidential power. Rather, he’s simply facing the same kind of opposition Clinton faced after 1994 and Bush after 2006. It remains to be seen if any laws will be passed and enforced that limit the actual scope and power of the president.

> The thing that has always concerned me is the war-making of the President.  Congress should have that say and I dunno why they can't take that to court.

Congress has backed away from since the Truman administration. And not that presidents before then were much disinclined to meddle (in places like Asia and Latin America), but I believe the scale and frequency increased after WW2.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst