[ExI] I see pitchforks.

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 03:02:26 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 9:42 PM Spike Jones <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> On the contrary John.  I have an advanced degree in engineering, and my
> skillset did become outdated, but that wasn’t the ultra-rich’s fault.
> Health insurance damn well has become outrageously expensive, but that
> still isn’t the ultra-rich’s fault.  I don’t see anything they have done
> wrong or what good it would do to criticize them.  I don’t even see the
> line of reasoning that would implicate them.  The ultra-rich are our
> friends.  They invest in stuff that creates jobs.  OK cool, the richer the
> better.

### Spike, it's a surreal discussion. Philippics against the rich, Bill
Gates the worst man in the world, the rich keeping the poor in submission -
what is all that?

John, what do you know about "submission"? Ever been to the GDR, USSR, PRC?

This just reminds me never to wade into it, never mind how outrageous it
gets.