[ExI] The simulation hypothesis is interesting BS: Ben Goertzel

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Fri Jul 12 04:11:50 UTC 2019

Quoting Giulio Prisco:

> The simulation hypothesis is mostly (interesting) bullshit, says Ben
> Goertzel. I don?t entirely disagree. At the same time?
>
> https://turingchurch.net/the-simulation-hypothesis-is-interesting-bs-ben-goertzel-d1fc5a470517

I just left the following comment on Ben's blog and I am reposting
here for discussion:

Ok then, Ben. What do think of the "it from bit" notion that our
reality is fundamentally information theoretic? Do we live in a
universe that is "virtualized" by quantum violations of Bell's
Inequality? Might we not live in a virtual reality that is not a
simulation of something else? Might not different divergent Everett
branches be "simulations" of one another?

I do agree with your sentiment that the universe is likely far
stranger than we imagine it to be.

Stuart LaForge