[ExI] Putting a face with the name

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 13:09:18 UTC 2019

“Could care less” is just a mistake, with its origin probably due to people
mumbling when saying “couldn’t”.

Now there's an idea.  I wonder just how many words have been mispronounced
and misspelled along the way and changed as a result?  Probably thousands.
And look at names:  most people in the past were illiterate and had someone
else write their names, so you get different spellings:  Smith, Smyth and
many more.

Errors of spelling and pronunciation and meaning drive the evolution of
language as much as anything, eh Don?

bill w