[ExI] ???

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jun 10 18:36:25 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Darin Sunley
Subject: Re: [ExI] ???

>…It's an ancient Greek theory that, because it was advocated by Galen (2nd century) retained a lot of prestige in Europe through the Dark Ages…

BillW, I had a buddy in high school, it was so crazy, he had sex-ray vision.  Girls would come along, he didn’t even really need to say anything, or nothing much.  He would just look at them somehow and the sex-ray vision would go out from his eyes and they would gaze back and it never did take very long even.  Resistance was futile: they would be conquered by his sex-ray vision.

The old timers in Greece probably had guys like that, didn’t know how the heck they did it.  We guys watched, could never figure it out.  He wasn’t rich.  He wasn’t handsome (as far as we could tell he wasn’t.)  He wasn’t particularly brilliant.  He didn’t even have that great a car.

Most mysterious.  I told the other lads it was like Proverbs Chapter 30, v 18 and 19:

18 There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:

19 The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

I told them even wise men couldn’t figure it out.  Our friend was the serpent upon a rock.  His sex-ray vision would get him in the sack with the local maids.