[ExI] control again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 22:03:17 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 4:14 PM SR Ballard <sen.otaku at gmail.com> wrote:

> Religion.
>
> what is the most successful way of leading people, changing their
> behaviors, including letting go of their money, and no psychologist came to
> mind (unless it was Watson in his later career), no technique of
> conditioning, reinforcement or punishment.
>

> SR Ballard

I will not disagree, but I would call what religion does marketing.
Religions were cobbled together out of various things and included what
people consider important: family, violence, sex, forgiveness, punishment,
and many more.  The religions were headed by gods or at least highly
influential people - Confucius, Buddha, to give the religion an aura of
awe.  What do people love?  A tragic story; a meaning of life; spending
eternity in Heaven; forgiveness for sins; destruction of enemies...........

Madison Ave. can't compete with gods, I think, so maybe you are right.
Marketers do, however, use the same principles to attract people, only at a
lower level.  bill w