[ExI] Iranian Nuclear Program

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 18:50:00 UTC 2019

I think perhaps my point didn’t come across clearly. I don’t think bringing DT into it is productive, because he can’t be part of the solution.

As far as morality, there is no difference between the US developing nuclear weapons (in the past), and Iran developing nuclear weapons (now). If one thinks MAD is effective (questionable), then the world would be safer with the addition of more weapons, because then mutual destruction is more assured in that instance.

The United States sees fit to place requirements on other countries regarding gaining nuclear weapons, but to be logically consistent, the US would need to be aggressively reducing our nuclear arsenal, which we are not.

While perhaps not possible in the current administration, the US needs to find a niche to enter into, and begin actively positioning itself that way before our international authority completely disintegrates.

I would like to see us develop strong national policy to promote STEM in order to develop the nation in the direction of a good niche.

But that’s my opinion.

SR Ballard