[ExI] Iranian Nuclear Program

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 20:50:16 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 2:52 PM SR Ballard <sen.otaku at gmail.com> wrote:

>  *I don’t think bringing DT into it is productive, because he can’t be
> part of the solution.*

Getting rid of DT is part of the solution, as long as he's in power there
is no hope.

* >As far as morality, there is no difference between the US developing
> nuclear weapons (in the past), and Iran developing nuclear weapons (now). *

I can think of one very important difference, we can't change the past but
we can change the future. And a country run by religious loonies who love
to talk about martyrdom getting nukes will not bring on a brighter future.

> *> if one thinks MAD is effective (questionable), then the world would be
> safer with the addition of more weapons,*

MAD was very questionable indeed! The more I learn about the Cuban Missile
Crisis the more terrifying it seems, the human race came within a gnats ass
of destroying itself in 1962. And the USSR was evil but evil alone won't
destroy us but stupidity could; and the USSR was never as loony as Iran and
Khrushchev was not as stupid as Trump.

John K Clark