[ExI] ai emotions

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Fri Jun 28 19:00:40 UTC 2019

Stuart,
What’s with all the hostility directed at Brent, who has been trying to clarify discussions around consciousness for years steadfastly? I didn’t read such hostility and sarcasm in his response to you. I don’t get the sense that he is trying to threaten your worldview or insult your intelligence. I admire the calmness, patience, and precision I have witnessed in Brent’s dialogs all over the net for well over ten years. He’ll likely try to respond to all your points, a task which many would abandon by this point in an email string. I see no value or virtue aggressive or defensive retorts. Let’s try to keep it civil here in our Exl realm please. We have a pretty unique thing here. Not trying to speak for Spike or anything, but I’d like to think he’d agree.
Respectfully,
-Henry