[ExI] solution to the world ending

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 4 03:37:36 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2019 4:33 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] solution to the world ending

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 5:17 PM <spike at rainier66.com <mailto:spike at rainier66.com> > wrote:

> The exact quote in the Green New Deal document released by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:

“…We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions in 10 years because we aren’t sure we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast…”

OK you got me, I can't deny that was a pretty brain damn dumb thing for her to say. If we need to get rid of farting cows wouldn't we have to get rid of farting people too?

John K Clark

Noooo!  Because cows won’t arrange to pipe water inland to grow kudzu to achieve net zero carbon emissions.  They will just stand around and fart.  But we can actually do something: we can grow stuff, haul down that carbon.

Don’t be too hard on Rep. Cortez however.  She’s just a kid.  She’s a product of the modern public school system steadily marching to ever more extremism environmentalism.  If you look at the curriculum being dished out today, you will immediately see what I am talking about.  It has been expunged of all reasonable moderation.  There are pleeeenty of current students who sincerely believe the world is going to end in 12 years because of global warming, plenty.