[ExI] Presidential overstep

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 03:36:43 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 8:47 PM Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

> *This is unconstitutional. Trump can cancel his predecessor's executive
> order but he cannot "revoke" a law that has been been passed by both
> houses and signed into law by the previous president.*

That's small potatoes, just imagine what Trump will do the day after the
2020 election if he finds out he's lost! Once he's out of office Trump will
likely face criminal prosecution for one or more of his many scandals, so
from his point of view the solution is obvious;  declare the election null
and void, lock up his political opponent who won, and justify it all with a
fiery speech about how the election was stolen by liberal godless gay
Mexicans employed by the Democrats.

 I don't know if he could get away with it but  I sure don't think Trump
would refrain from doing so because he thought it would be immoral or bad
for the country, and  Republicans in congress might make tut tut sounds but
I don't think they would really fight him over it if they though it would
let them stay in power too. The one thing that gives me hope is that
becoming a dictator takes brains and Trump doesn't have much of that.

John K Clark