[ExI] Life extension - but what about Alzheimer's?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 9 20:30:49 UTC 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Adrian Tymes

>...The best "cure" for Alzheimer's is to stay mentally active, even into
one's elder years.  This is something that many people are unwilling to
contemplate - they want to just be idle and cared for.  But the body is
designed to be used; going totally idle for months or years (possibly even
weeks) means you're no longer contributing, and your body starts shutting
down.  Adrian

I have suspected this for a long time.  If one has been bed sick for even a
week, that has a very noticeable impact on muscle strength.  Muscles and
brains must be used to stay with the program.

I have the notion that if we can get good enough immersive reality software
and virtual reality software, we can keep older peoples' minds active and
functional longer.