[ExI] book on parasites

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 17:30:24 UTC 2019

I have been a big fan of reading about microbes since the early 70s - Life
On Man.

This is Your Brain on Parasites -Kathleen Mcauliffe)   This is a very
superior book on them.  And if you still harbor any ideas that we have free
will, you can toss them into your past.  I will give some examples:

Here's one:  during the first month of pregnancy the woman's body lowers
her immune system so that it doesn't reject the embryo (embryo as
parasite!).  The hormone also does this:  it increases the woman's disgust
level, making her emotional in excess of normal, so that she is more
careful about germs than she was before she was pregnant.  All unconscious.

Don't miss this one if you can.

bill w