[ExI] billionehhhs in trouble

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Mar 21 00:39:51 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:12 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] billionehhhs in trouble

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, 2:21 PM <spike at rainier66.com <mailto:spike at rainier66.com>  wrote:

Legal hipsters, how does it work?  I am so far out of my area of expertise here.

The defense you propose - that those with lots of money have lowered sensitivities to price, which diminishes their capacity for intent (and thus their ability to commit crime) - is known as "affluenza".  Last I heard, it is generally rejected as a valid defense in US courts.

Ja, but if a billionehhh with plenty of money for a competent defender follows the letter of the law, perhaps even carrying a personal audio recording device, and never uttered a word about his expectations, I would think that would hold.

I am so far out of my own expertise here, even I have no idea what a legitimate non-copulatory massage costs.  Never had one, have no intentions of doing so.  I have a vague idea what one might pay for illegitimate services, even though I have a similar lack of firsthand experience (or even secondhand for that matter.)  From what I can tell, those two numbers aren’t far apart at all.  One service requires actual training, which I would think would be (if anything) more expensive than the traditional service.

He could have never uttered a word about his expectations.  No law broken there.