[ExI] privacy

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 15:56:41 UTC 2019

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 14:34, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 9:55 AM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good. Thanks. Would it help to use such things as Anonymizer?  Will that cut out the ads?  bill w
>

> Anonymizer looks like a special-purpose VPN targeted to businesses or hackers who want hit web servers from a wide range of IP addresses to avoid detection. If you use a browser like Chrome, that's not going to provide you any privacy because Chrome will still take cookies and provide your identity.
>
> I use a VPN to ensure my privacy over wireless networks and local ISPs but it doesn't help hide my identity from web sites.

As well as using the DuckDuckGo search engine you can install their
browser privacy extension - 'DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials'
For Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/duckduckgo-privacy-essent/bkdgflcldnnnapblkhphbgpggdiikppg
Also available for most other browsers. It should stop most advert tracking.

DuckDuckGo also has tutorials about privacy and tracking.
Device Privacy Tips: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
More Privacy Education: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/privacy-newsletter/

BillK