[ExI] LIGO

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 22:31:43 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 4:51 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> *>Aren’t you glad you lived this late in history? *

Indeed I am, the good old days sucked compared with now!  And if we're
lucky before the end of the year a fourth detector, KAGRA in Japan, may
join the party; and although smaller than LIGO it might turn out to be
even more
sensitive because unlike the other 3 it's built underground and does not
work at room temperature but is cooled down to 20 degrees Kelvin (-253 C,
-425 F) . I think that is very cool, in more ways than one.

John k Clark