[ExI] what3words hipsters

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 23:16:38 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 6:41 AM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> The whole exercise focuses attention on the special places on the globe,
> such as latitude 0 longitude 0.  Where is it?  Out in the middle of the
> South Atlantic Ocean, in that piece were South America was torn away a
> billion years ago.  Doesn't that seem just wrong?  Couldn't they start the
> numbering such that we could at least have a plaque there?  Failing that,
> seems like we could name that square all.starts.here.

0,0 gets prosecuted.amplification.showings.  One could read a bit of
poetry into that - but then, one could read a bit of poetry into most
things.

> And what about the poles?  Shouldn't they get a special name?  Call them
> so.cold.here. and shit.polar.bear. for instance.

It turns out the have a bunch of combos for the poles.  They go off of
the flat map that is Google Maps (or similar), meaning there are just
as many squares around the poles as around the equator.  You can even
scroll right off the map, above the North Pole, and they still have
word combos - for places that don't exist.