[ExI] Just some thoughts, nothing new really

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun May 12 16:59:17 UTC 2019

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 8:03 PM Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
wrote:

*> The most important point I was trying to make in the comment was that
> the set of lies that a society tells itself changes all the time but the
> lying jerks that make them up stay the same, and they always flock to
> places of power.*

A cynic who believes all leaders are basically the same lying jerk has
something in common with a very naive person who believes all leaders are
truthful and equally virtuous, neither bothers to examine the evidence. But
I'm a fan of the scientific method and that's why I'm a skeptic but not a
cynic.

 John K Clark