[ExI] Just some thoughts, nothing new really

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri May 17 02:17:05 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:53 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Just some thoughts, nothing new really

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 8:38 AM Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com <mailto:sparge at gmail.com> > wrote:

 Legal immigration has been cut 80% this year. Obviously they're not just trying to keep the bad guys out.

### Well, yes, they (the government) are kind of stupid. Being a libertarian, this doesn't surprise me.

Do you feel that my being uncomfortable about the immigration of people who want to kill me raises doubts about my libertarian bonafides? Why?

We hear John going on (and on and on) about the destitute proletariat rising up and killing us.  Well, OK, not “us” at first.  They start with the super-rich, soon find the super-rich are well prepared challenge, they lose a few thousand in the futile attempt, then decide maybe they should leave the billllionehs alone and focus instead on ordinary millionehs.

I don’t see why we should be importing more destitute proletariat to rise up at some future time to kill us.  John?