[ExI] stealth singularity

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri May 17 02:56:25 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 7:51 PM Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com> wrote:

> John, this is a very valid concern.  I work in the financial industry and
> can tell you there is already a lot of pushback from regulators on any type
> of black box AI used for these purposes.  Generally, large financial firms
> need to be able to explain exactly why a decision was made which
> discourages the use of deep learning algos and incentivizes algos like a
> tree based approach where it's more obvious what went into a decision.

### I am not surprised that regulators want to reduce the predictive value
of credit repayment algorithms. They are using banking regulations for
social engineering and redistribution purposes and an AI that successfully
grades credit applications strictly on the default risk would interfere
with their political goals.