[ExI] ExI] are we publishing?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue May 28 21:31:11 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 12:27 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> *> Julian published a bunch of stuff stolen by Corporal Manning, which
> wasclassified up the kazoo.  *

 If he just published the stuff that Manning obtained then Julian shouldn't
go to jail, everybody has the right to publish anything. And I have the
right to say he was irresponsible for doing so; he didn't even know what he
was publishing, there were 251,287 documents and I doubt if he even skimmed
2% of them much less gave any thought to the lives he may put in danger.
That's why it's different from the Pentagon Papers, that embarrassed many
people who deserve to be embarrassed but put no lives in danger. And if
Julian did more and actively encouraged Manning to steal the stuff then
he's guilty of espionage.

> *> But the way he really pissed off masses of people is in publishing
> stuff that was not classified at all.  The biggest deal was obtained by
> guessing a password (the victim's password was Password.)Sheesh.*

That's irrelevant, I may be foolish if I don't lock the door on my house
but that doesn't give you the right to come in and steal all my stuff.  And
that stuff unearthed contained no scandals it was just office backbiting
and gossip, but people love to read about how X thinks Y is a jerk, and it
got Trump elected.

John K Clark